Downloads / Software / .NET Framework 3.5 offline setup script

Friday 23 October 2015

WHY YOU SHOULD NOT FEEL OBSESSED ABOUT YOUR BODY






Staying fit with regular exercise and work out is a very good practice, but when it is for the wrong reasons, it may not really be a good idea.



This is one common mistake people make everyday, being obsessed with the way they look, their statue or height, weight, complexion even the tooth arrangement.

An health educator and a writer shared her experience. "I was uncertain about the future of both my romantic relationship and my career, and focusing on the health, size, and shape of my body became a very time-consuming diversion.

I began waking at 5:30 most mornings in order to fit in a workout, sometimes completing another when I got home from work. I began feeling a bit uncertain and afraid around certain foods, and felt the need to cut back on the amount I ate. I felt consumed with losing weight and changing the shape of my body.

Though many praised me for what they assumed was my healthy lifestyle, I was increasingly miserable. It didn’t matter that I was losing weight, I still thought my body looked wrong.
I spent more and more of my time, energy, and attention thinking about my body. I was never, ever in the present moment with myself. I felt paralyzed when it came to many life decisions."

The truth about this whole thing about changing the way you look is this; you are only trying to avoid your fear. You are afraid you may never be good enough for certain things, your height may not be appropriate to be appreciated by others.

 you are just not comfortable with the way you are because you care a lot about  how people see you , you want to blend with trends so you invest much energy into correcting what you feel is a mistake.

Guess what, these actually shift your focus from what you should actually be concentrating on, like living a life you could be proud of, facing your fears and giving people the chance to appreciate you for who you really are.

obsession 3




"Today my life and focus is very different. I am very happily married, a mother, and a business owner. I am proud of myself for getting here.I can’t wish away the years I spent dieting and overly worrying about my physical appearance, because doing so actually helped me cope with things I wasn’t yet ready to face. I wouldn’t have wanted to live that way long term, but at the time it provided me with a valuable escape" Jen concluded.

If you are investing much of your time into becoming what you feel is acceptable and trending, here are a few suggestions that could help you coup and get you back to balance:

1. Acknowledge the fact that that is actually who you are, yea. sometimes telling ourselves the truth and admitting to face reality is an essential tool to recouping.

 "Just because the thought 'I need to lose weight' crosses your mind doesn’t mean you need to believe it. You can shift it to “I would prefer to focus on what I like about my body” or even let the thought float by and not attach to it.Learn to value, appreciate, and respect your body for what it is."

2. Get busy with practices that brings you to the present moment. by so doing you remove yourself from unnecessary worries about your weight, height etc. and focus on what matters most to you.

"I used my body focus as a way to avoid what I was afraid of, so if you’re doing the same, try taking a peak at what’s scaring you in small, incremental sessions. You don’t have to solve everything right now, just begin to open your awareness.Get professional help if necessary." Jen Picicci

3. Food and body image issues are no joke, and if you’re suffering in a way that is negatively impacting your life, seek counseling from someone who is trained to provide the help you need.

To be clear, there is nothing wrong with making an effort to eat healthfully and move your body in a way that feels good to you, it really all comes down to the energy behind your actions.

If you are choosing to exercise because it makes you feel strong and alive or helps you shake off the stresses of the day, that is very different from choosing to exercise because you are full of fear about your life or what would happen if you gained weight.

When i finally grew older and realized how big a mistake i was making, letting people mock me down cause i was blacker than the blacks (i didn't mention i am left handed too). i wished i didn't listen to them at all in the first instance because today i realized it was a gift and if i have a chance to start all over i wouldn't change a thing about who i was and how i looked.

Appreciate yourself, make people want to be like you and stop trying to be like others. you are unique

No comments

Post a Comment

Recent Posts